Thursday, February 7, 2013

I, Monster (an internet based digital comic)


I'm on fire!

[Picture of flames licking up dramatically from bottom of panel one]

Not in the sense that I'm doing amazing things with my life right now, I'm literally burning to a crisp.

[Figure staggering across panel two, solidly built, engulfed in flames]

I closed my eyes thirty seconds ago, but my eyelids have burned off and all I can see is a flaming red haze.

[Slightly more defined figure, inhuman features? still staggering across panel three, still engulfed in flames]

Why do angry mobs always use fire? They've never had to deal with a third degree burn down to the bone, I'll wager.

[tops of torches march across panel four]

It takes months to regrow skin and muscle without competent medical care.

[close up of figure, still staggering across panel five, still engulfed in flames, tissue sloughing off onto the ground]

In months I will come back. The bones will crack, the blood will spill and they will come with torches again.

[clenched fist, middle of panel six, engulfed in flames]

This is what I am.

[burnt figure, smoke rising, back turned in panel seven]

I, Monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment