Thursday, February 7, 2013

Dream - 02.06.10


My dream centered around the end of the world.  Oddly enough, before the end occured everything seemed rather Eden-esque.  People were walking around neighborhoods peacefully, interacting with normally wild animals, etc.  There was very little impending doom type mentality.  Even though it was obvious that the end was nigh.  People seemed to accept their fate.  I myself was slightly nervous.  I had taken a walk with one of my daughters outdoors to do a bit of snake watching.  Apparently our neighborhood was populated by several species of large constrictors. While walking along a path, I looked out towards the horizon and saw the beginning of the end.  A storm of such magnitude and intensity that it took my breath away.  I was immediately terrified for the well being of my children and loved ones.  Water began to accumulate on the ground without the benefit of rain.  It became obvious that even though my daughter and I were a short distance from our home the water would soon be above our heads and we would need to swim.  Arriving home as quickly as only a dream will allow, I found everyone in a state of panic.  Water filled the house to the middle of the second floor but was showing signs of slowing.  Placing the smaller children on crown molding, etc to get them to hold on I broke out an upstairs window and began to move people to the roof.  First was my dog, then the children and other adults.  I climbed to the roof myself and looked out at the devastated city.  I told everyone to hang on as long as they could, that I was going to swim to the nearby marina and steal a boat.  I would return.  If they were there when I came back they would be saved.  If not, I would mourn greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment